My students commonly work with problems related to Intelligent Transport Systems, Smart Cities, Internet of Things, and Artificial Intelligence. Hence, to work with me I recommend that you:
- Know some programming language (e.g., C, R, Python, or Java);
- Be able to read papers in English;
- Be interested in a problem in the area of Transportation Systems.
Interested students should send an email to email@example.com at least one month before the semester begins, specifically for the first orientation class (Trabalho de Conclusão de Curso 1).
Based on this information, I put up a non-exhaustive list of topics that I am interested in exploring:
- Detecting anomalies in transportation systems using Internet of Things and/or Artificial Intelligence (e.g.: pavement failures, dents in luggages, etc.);
- Comparison between technologies for monitoring passengers in public transport systems (buses and subways);
- Optimization of traffic lights or routes using Artificial Intelligence.